This topic requires refreshing.
Minor edits should be performed on this page.
Add content here
|The various fields in the extract editor are used for the following purposes:
- country or region where grown
- manufacturer or grower
- comments on distinctive characteristics of the ingredient
- drop-down menu for you to indentify the type of grain/malt
- Dry Basis
- Add content here
- the amount of water that was present in the malt at time of analysis; normally less than 6%
- Potential Extract
- potential Original Gravity one pound in one gallon
- color measured in degrees EBC or SRM (Lovibond)
- Protein as percent weight; levels of 11-13% in six-row malts and 8-10% in two-row malts are considered acceptable
- Total Nitrogen; approximately 16% of the protein weight is nitrogen. TN ≈ Protein ÷ 6.25
- Total Soluble Nitrogen expressed as a percentage of total nitrogen (TN)
- Soluble Nitrogen Ratio or ratio of soluble protein to total protein (S/T)
- pH is a measure of the acidity and the base of a solution in terms of activity of hydrogen (H+).
- unit cost of the ingredient